The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) offers the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA), which is the first level of certification. ECBA “covers the foundational information on business analysis according to the BABOK® Guide and demonstrates that you have the fundamental knowledge and expertise for the in-demand subject of business analysis,” according to the IIBA.
The ECBA Certification is appropriate for anyone who wants to get into business analysis. ECBA ™ acknowledges persons who are ready to advance their business analysis abilities, knowledge, and habits in order to enter the field of business analysis.
For those just starting their careers, the ECBA™ Certification can be an excellent stepping stone into the Business Analysis field. . It is primarily aimed at freshers, professionals wishing to move over/transition to a Business Analysis career, and any graduate professional looking to create a career in the Business Analysis area, as the name suggests.
ECBA is designed to meet the demands of an entry-level business analyst, with a focus on requirements analysis, modeling, and requirements life cycle management, as well as a strong emphasis on modeling concepts and techniques. The questions in this certification test are based on the International Institute of Business Analysis’ BABoK version 3.0 business analysis body of knowledge.
What will You Gain from ECBA™ Certification?
Being Certified as ECBA would give you tons of benefits.
- Recognition for your fundamental knowledge, competency, and comprehension of business analysis ethics and industry best practices. It can be difficult to demonstrate your ability as a business analyst to a potential employer if you have no prior experience. A certificate is an independent verification of your ability and desire to learn in the employment domain. You have an edge over other applicants in getting the job if you have the credential on your resume.
- Personal satisfaction from taking the first step toward your goal BA career- This significantly increases your selling skills and hence your ability to approach an interview with confidence.
- People with domain experience in the non-IT sector can transition into the IT sector or become business analysts using the ECBA™ certification as a stepping stone. A globally recognized certificate can boost your marketability by demonstrating your competence and knowledge of industry tools, processes, and best practices to future hiring managers/employers. Beyond your degree, your certificate indicates extra job-related abilities. Your certificate verifies that you have achieved the required proficiency level and possess key technical and behavioral abilities.
- Better employment chances and advancement – When hiring business analysts, many firms opt for IIBA-certified specialists. To filter resumes, many of these companies utilize BOTs/ATS (applicant tracking systems). Your resume will pass past the majority of the HR screening phases if you include your certification credential.
- Better compensation – ECBA-certified professionals earn 10% more than non-certified experts.
- Higher marketability – According to the IIBA compensation survey, 11% of professionals worldwide received a new job with a wage increase as a result of their certification.
Who Should Go for ECBA™ Training?
The target audience for the ECBA Certification Examination is as follows:
- Individuals considering a career in business analysis
- Students enrolled in academic programs in business analysis
- New graduates
- Professionals making a career change
- Business analysts are managed by functional managers who just aren’t business analysts.
Prerequisites Required for ECBA™ Certification
The following are the requirements for taking the ECBA Certification exam:
- Training and development: Within the last four years, you must have completed at least 21 hours of Professional Development (PD).
- Acknowledge the IIBA’s Code of Ethics.
- Agree to IIBA’s Terms and Conditions.
- Prior experience with business analysis is not required.
Exam Pattern for ECBA™ Training Examination
There are two parts to the ECBA Exam Pattern. 70 percent in the knowledge area
Knowledge of business analysis – 30%
The knowledge area- 70%
Planning and Monitoring for Business Analysis – 5%
20 percent Elicitation and Collaboration
Requirements Management of the Life Cycle – 20%
25 percent for requirements analysis and design definition
Knowledge of business analysis – 30%
2.5 percent Business Analysis and the BA Professional
5 percent underlying competencies
Key Concepts in Business Analysis – 5% Techniques – 17.5 percent
The ECBA exam blueprint is compatible with BABOK Guide v3.0.
Exam Pattern for ECBA™ Certification Examination
- 50 questions with multiple choices
- IIBA looks for achievement in each knowledge area as well as an overall score in order to pass the ECBA certification exam.
- It is knowledge-based and linked with the BABOK® Guide, version 3.0.
- The exam does not have any negative markings.
Passing Score on the ECBA Exam
While the IIBA does not publish the passing mark for the ECBA exam, experts and exam takers agree that roughly 70% of questions must be answered properly to pass.
It is also commonly known that passing the exam requires passing each knowledge area as well as the overall exam. If you fail the exam after your initial application, you can retake it up to two more times within the year by paying the rewrite expenses.
Salary of a Certified ECBA
You not only acquire the BA skillsets, industry best practices, tools, and methodologies mentioned in BABoK, but you also gain an advantage over your competitors by being a trained and certified ECBA professional. ECBA-certified BA professionals earn an average of $83K globally . Certified professionals earn more than $10,000 a year than their non-certified peers.
One might question whether ECBA Training is worth it or not. This is a question that all professionals considering becoming a business analyst or starting a business analyst career consider. Is the IIBA’s ECBA Certification worthwhile? It offers some specific advantages including that it benchmarks your knowledge and skills for global certifications, you get independent verification of your abilities, your resume gets enhanced, and it works as the evidence of your proactive mindset. Moreover, it provides a decent grasp of the business analysis field and the necessary capabilities you need.